Thursday, February 11, 2016

A Little Poetry

A Little Poetry


Hey - a new post thingy. Imagine that.

So, instead of trying anything deep or profound, I decided to aim low. Enjoy.


Prodigal


“My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?”
The cry of the Sinless echoes in my mind,
For I am far from sinless,
Though perhaps shameless describes me
all too well.

My God, my God, I am left wondering,
Had I not begged my inheritance early,
And spent my essence,
In the frivolous pursuit of the pleasures
this world offers,

My God, my God, might I be better,
Might I have found my home sooner,
Or was I destined
To stray into the world of coldness
and despair?

My God, my God, why must I wander,
In the land of Gentiles where I am undone.
And I am sleeping
In the mud and shit of pigs, eating
their refuse.

And I wonder, Lord, if I am forsaken,
For you would be well within your rights.
I turn again and again, begging for your mercy.
But if the sinless one was forsaken,
What hope have I,
sinful yet
shameless?

1 comment:

  1. I realize that wasn't as deep as what you usually post, but it does call for reflection.

    ReplyDelete